While using tarot cards initially may seem intimidating, but tarot spreads are here to make your life easier. While there are numerous spreads on the internet, most of them require some kind of experience or expertise. A tarot spread plays a major role in understanding the language and the meaning of the tarot cards. Without a spread, a tarot reading may seem vague, confusing, or even incorrect. Here are 5 tarot spreads to you’re a beginner –
- Past – Present – Future
One of the most popular spreads, Past- Present – Future, is a simple 3 card spread that speaks volumes. While drawing the cards, you pull out cards from left to right. The first one being Past, then present, and the one on right indicating the future. It is a great spread when it comes to questions that pertain to timing, and change. Here’s what each card indicates –
- Past Card: Interpret the lessons learned in the past about a situation, understand strong emotions and triggers. This is what influences the present and the future.
- Present Card: Explore the inner self, emotions, and mental health. This current state is related to the past. You may use additional clarification cards.
- Future Card: Depict a future event or outcome. The future outcome will depend on how much one follows the advice given by the past and present cards.
- Horseshoe Spread
While jumping from a 3 card spread to a horseshoe spread may seem challenging, the truth is, this spread does not require any experience and is super easy to interpret. While a 3 card reading gives you an insight, a seven-card horseshoe spread is like looking at your life through a microscope. Naturally, it means you can reap an in-depth message from the cards. It’s especially useful when you need advice, guidance, or clarity.
1. Past experiences that lead to the present.
2. Present factors affecting the situation.
3. An action or an element in the immediate future that will decide the outcome.
4. The querent’s views, beliefs, or emotions related to the situation.
5. Other influences.
6. A barrier.
7. The most likely outcome considering that there is no sudden change.
- Celtic Cross – There are a lot of different opinions when it comes to using the Celtic cross as a beginner. Though it may seem complicated at first, and it might not be for every beginner out there, but it’s one of the most useful spreads out there. So if you are drawn to trying it and if it works for you, it might just become one of your favorite spread of all time!
Card 1: The present.
Card 2: The Obstacle.
Card 3: The foundation of the current situation, i.e what influenced the present.
Card 4: Something in the recent past, might not relate directly to the question but hold a lot of importance.
Card 5: The best that can be achieved. In case you pull a negative card, it may mean to cut all chords and not try any further in this situation.
Card 6: Immediate Future. Next few days or weeks.
Card 7: Factors or emotions affecting the situation. If there is a conflict between this and card 1 it indicates that the querent is on the wrong path.
Card 8: External factors, i.e people, energies, or circumstances beyond control which will affect the outcome.
Card 9: Hope. fear or insecurity relating to the situation. A clarification card may help to interpret this better.
Card 10: Final outcome. This is a fairly self-explanatory card. These 5 Tarot Card spreads will get you started on your Tarot journey but remember that each tarot path is completely unique so if along the way your gut says to try out a personalized spread, go for it!
These 5 Tarot Card spreads will get you started on your Tarot journey but remember that each tarot path is completely unique so if along the way your gut says to try out a personalized spread, go for it!
“Hi, I’m Emilie a New York City, native who started to dive into the world of tarot and spirituality over twenty years ago. And, I just love the Tarot. I love the tarot because it has helped me in so many ways. It has helped me navigate through the rubble that life sometimes throws our way, helped me connect with lost ones, helps me make the right decisions.
Following my deep love for the Tarot and reading as an expert over the years, I decided to turn my passion into my career. Now I am a full-time diviner (Tarot Readings )and help others through tarot just as it has helped me.
I also love teaching tarot. I am an Instructor of tarot (Learn Tarot )in which I teach my students how to become confident readers for themselves and others. On the side, I also am a tarot deck creator. I am the creator of Simplicity Tarot ( My Tarot deck )with several more decks in creation. I am a lover of everything in the forest, crystals, and of course roses.
If you are in need and looking for help I am here to help you every step of the way through tarot and divination without the fluffy fairy tales.